Friday, May 1, 2009

Stuck in the Rock

I am suffering from rock fever. I need to get out. Problem is, I am still waiting for my travel documents to be able to get out of the island. I thought I was being very diligent renewing my UK visa 3 months ahead of scheduled holiday. And historically, I receive my visa 3-5 days after. But what do I get? I am still without my passport for a month now! After weeks of sleepless nights thinking about what has happened to my passport, I finally received this efffing message from the embassy:

Dear Applicant,
Your application has arrived safely at the New York office. However, you may or may not be aware that we are experiencing IT problems in Bermuda meaning that biometric information cannot be sent to London. Biometrics is a mandatory part of the application procedure and so regrettably your application cannot be processed at this time.
We are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Regards,
New York Visa Team

WTF - all the while that I was cursing the UK embassy in NY, turned out the tech problem was with Bermuda.. what is effing new??!! And there's no info as to when they are gonna fix the problem. Everything takes forever and a day to get fixed here. My hubby's laptop is still being fixed by a "reputed" company here for almost 2 months now. Beat that.

This means foregoing my weekend getaway to NY this month and a work-related training. Argh. And if I don't get it on time for my visa application for Paris and Luxemburg - - there really goes my summer holiday.

In the meantime, I am so stuck in the rock. Boo. Big big BOOOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin